ADSM-L

Re: Archive schedules

1997-03-11 16:01:29
Subject: Re: Archive schedules
From: "Thomas A. La Porte" <tlaporte AT ANIM.DREAMWORKS DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 1997 13:01:29 -0800
On Tue, 11 Mar 1997, Richard Sims wrote:

>>..."/*" only picks up files in the root file system...
>
>Yes.  Per the "Installing the Clients" manual, the '*' wildcard is for
>files; '...' is for directories.

I understand that, but specifying 'objects="/*"' and
'options="subdir=yes"', I expected all files *in all filesystems*
to be backed up. Yet, it seems as though *only* those files in
the root (i.e., '/') filesystem were backed up.

Would it be that specifying 'objects="/.../*"' would pick up all
filesystems?

  -- Tom

"If I could dot the 'i' in a Michigan     Thomas A. La Porte
 game and the good lord came to take me   Archivist, Feature Animation
 the next day ... at least I could        DreamWorks SKG
 die happy." - Beano Cook, ESPN           <tlaporte AT anim.dreamworks DOT com>