ADSM-L

DLT drives on Compaq Proliant device with ADSMSCSI driver

1997-03-10 22:20:38
Subject: DLT drives on Compaq Proliant device with ADSMSCSI driver
From: "Nicholas, Murray, Haltek/AU" <MurrayNi AT HALMAIL001.HALTEK.OZ DOT AU>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 1997 13:20:38 +1000
I have installed ADSM for evaluation on my Compaq proliant 4500R
uni-processor system and wish to write to a DLT2000 tape device.
 Installation proceeds happily until I get to the point of defining a drive
or labelling a tape.

The diagnostics button of the server utilities applet says my drive is a DLT
at SCSI location 6.0.0.1 (i.e., device name MT6.0.0.1).  At this point, if I
load a tape in the drive and select the labeller applet the system returns
an error "ANR9752E Could not access drive 'MT6.0.0.1'.  It may be in use by
another application."

I had previously installed the "dlttape" device driver but this message is
produced even though I have now removed the driver from the system.

So far IBM has sat with me to check out the system but (aside from
acknowledging the existence of a similar PMR) is unable to help.  Any ideas?

Murray Nicholas