ADSM-L

Re: 3590 attachment to multiple servers

1997-03-10 16:44:42
Subject: Re: 3590 attachment to multiple servers
From: "Thomas A. La Porte" <tlaporte AT ANIM.DREAMWORKS DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 1997 13:44:42 -0800
Greg,

Just to clarify, do you mean to say open an requirement with the
3590 group, or with ADSM? It seems that the 3590 already supports
this type of sharing, so I presume it would be with ADSM?

Re: your example, wouldn't the tape that is being used by the
first ADSM server no longer be in the "scratch" category as
defined by the 3494, and thus not eligible for use by the second
ADSM server?

 -- Tom

"If I could dot the 'i' in a Michigan     Thomas A. La Porte
 game and the good lord came to take me   Archivist, Feature Animation
 the next day ... at least I could        DreamWorks SKG
 die happy." - Beano Cook, ESPN           <tlaporte AT anim.dreamworks DOT com>