ADSM-L

Restoring more than one version of a file

2015-10-04 18:09:29
Subject: Restoring more than one version of a file
From: INTERNET.OWNERAD at SNADGATE
To: Jerry Lawson at ASUPO
Date: 3/6/97 11:46AM
I just tried this through the GUI on a Win95 machine, so it should work
elsewhere .....

1.  Select Active and Inactive

2.  Selected files from "restore by tree" - file spec should work too...

3.  Select restore button

4.  When I got the destination screen, I selected "prompt by file"

I was then prompted twice for the 2 files selected - I chose c:\tmp for the
first one, c:\tmp2 for the second.  When done, I found that ADSM had put the
files where I asked.

Jerry Lawson
jlawson AT thehartford DOT com
Author:  INTERNET.OWNERAD at SNADGATE
Date:    3/6/97 11:46 AM

        Does anyone know of a way to restore more than one version of a file
without having to issue more than one restore command?

        What I want to be able to do is restore two inactive versions of a file
and then examine the file to see which one the user really wants (he's not sure
what night he messed up his file on) !

        By using the GUI or the -pick option of the command line interface I can

select 2 or more inactive versions of a file for restore but ADSM will only
restore the newest version you select - not both!

        What I would like is for ADSM to restore all the versions I select and
when it sees the file exists - prompt me for an alternate file name to restore
it to. This does not work even is I specify "Prompt for each file" on the GUI
restore.

        Is there a way to do this or do I have to run 2 seperate restores,
specifying different destinations?

                                                        Thanks

  Dean Roy                           Email: DEAN AT UWINDSOR DOT CA
  Systems Programmer                 Voice: (519)253-4232 Ext 2763
  University of Windsor              Fax  : (519)973-7083