ADSM-L

sizes and management of adsm databases

1997-03-05 09:57:55
Subject: sizes and management of adsm databases
From: Gary Lee <gdlee AT BSU-CS.BSU DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 1997 09:57:55 -0500
I am currently testing adsm for implementation as a backup solution for
several distributed unix servers in our university.  I have a few
questions on management, sizing, and backup of the adsm database.

1. Is the recomendation of 5% of total storage managed a good one for
sizing the adsm database?

2. Upon reading the admin guide, I found no reference to any way of
purging the db of old or deleted records.  Is this automatically taken
care of?

3. I think I have missed something somewhare.  How do you make a backup
of the adsm db?

Thanks for any info.  I am new to the mainframe game.  I came out of PC
support 9 months ago and am reading frantically.
.

                    Senior Microcomputer analyst
                    Ball State University
                     phone 317-285-1310