ADSM-L

Re: IBM: What about AIXSRV v2.1.0.12 PTF missing files?!

1997-03-05 09:09:42
Subject: Re: IBM: What about AIXSRV v2.1.0.12 PTF missing files?!
From: Joe Morris <morris AT UNC DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 1997 09:09:42 -0500
On Tue, 4 Mar 1997, J.R.Owen wrote:

| My attempts to upgrade ADSM server to v2.1.0.12 under AIX 4.1.5 have failed
| with "missing file" errors like you and others reported to the ADSM list and
| inquired "what to do?" about 2 or 3 weeks ago.  I wasn't reading the list
then,
| but, in reviewing the ADSM list discussion logs of the last two months, I
found
| no IBM response to this problem.  Did IBM ever respond?  Did you CALLAIX and
| get advice on how to accomplish the upgrade?  Or did you simply create dummy
| files as someonelse had suggested?  Are you satisfied with the upgraded
server?

I performed the following as suggested:

  cd /usr/lpp/adsmserv/bin
  touch bind.dsmserv machchar.awk.smp planexpl.awk.smp

Installation was normal and seems very stable (just committed last week).
The only file I really wonder about is the bind.dsmserv file.  The other
*smp files are completely useless to the operation of the server as their
extension makes it sounds like they are SaMPle files.

Joe Morris  -  morris AT unc DOT edu  -  http://sunsite.unc.edu/morris
Academic Technology and Networks (formerly OIT), Development