ADSM-L

[no subject]

1997-03-03 11:03:38
From: Cyndie Behrens <cbehrens AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 1997 08:03:38 PST
Subject:Oracle Parallel Server

>Hello ADSMers,
>
>I am running ORACLE parallel server (7.3.2.1) on a DEC Alpha cluster
>(Digital Unix 3.2E) with shared disk (raw device). ADSM MVS has been
>choosen at enterprise level as backup solution for all distributed
>systems.
>
>I am convinced that a tool that manages ORACLE BACKUP's (Like Oracle
>Enterprise Backup, SQLBACKTRACK, ...) is a must.
>
>IBM anwer is : "It might be that ADSM in conjunction with SQLBACKTRACK
>would be the solution".
>
>Does anyone use ADSM to take an ONLINE backup of an ORACLE DATABASE in
>the above mentionned configuration ? With which tools ?

Unfortunately, neither EBU or SQL-BackTrack supports OPS on DEC alpha
clusters with ADSM.  Your only solution today with ADSM would be to
use the unsupported tool, ADSMPIPE.  We are more likely to see a
SQL-BackTrack for OPS with Digital UNIX, than EBU support with ADSM.
I suggest you ask DataTools for this support, and I will do the same.
thanks,
Cyndie Behrens (IBM SanJose)