ADSM-L

Re: Cap on processor utilization for Netware client

1997-02-28 06:44:22
Subject: Re: Cap on processor utilization for Netware client
From: rmf <finnell AT EROLS DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 1997 06:44:22 -0500
From what I remember the number isn't a percentage but a metric between 0 -
unlimited, the higher the number the greater processor utilization given to
ADSM. We have found that, when compression is turned on, the processor
utilization is run to 90 - 100% anyway and modifying the
processorutilization number really doesn't change things greatly. Perhaps
it makes more of a difference if you have many active NLMs (like an NLM
based application server or something like that) running while your backup
is going. Why you would do that is also beyond me though (backing up open
files wise that is.)
-Bob