ADSM-L

Re: Will not process inclexcl file

1997-02-26 22:18:14
Subject: Re: Will not process inclexcl file
From: "Dwight E. Cook" <decook AT AMOCO DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 1997 21:18:14 -0600
     Joe, sounds like when the system crashed it spiked some data in that
     INCLUDE/EXCLUDE file... and I know this sounds rather simple but try
     FTPing a copy over from another machine (if they are the same) or just
     rm & retype that one... if you have some binary editor look for odd
     characters that might not show up on your screen when you "more" the
     file... You've already covered the executables so that's covered... if
     your applications are running it sounds like the tree structure is OK,
     even if the data were in the same directory as the applications I
     would expect that if something screwed up that altered the path from
     what is listed in the include/exclude that A) the cmd to run you
     applications couldn't find them OR B) your applications couldn't find
     their data sets, if their path "altered" from a glitch...
     HEY! one thing to try would be look in ADSM (if you back up the
     directory with the client in it) to see if ADSM thinks the
     INCLUDE/EXCLUDE list changed...If it has a backup version from the
     incremental after the power cord pull that would just about lock down
     the problem...
     One thing for sure... it is a miracle any of this stuff works when
     conditions are perfect so under extream conditions, such as a
     sudden/unexpected power drop, I wouldn't bet on anything no matter
     what the odds...
     Good luck,
     later
          Dwight