ADSM-L

Re: Backup File Versioning

1997-02-26 09:03:07
Subject: Re: Backup File Versioning
From: Andy Raibeck <araibeck AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 1997 06:03:07 PST
Steve Roder asks:

>On Wed, 26 Feb 1997, Andy Raibeck wrote:
>> the next-most recent backup version. The ACTIVE version is kept indefinitely
>> as long as the file exists on the client. The RETExtra=NOLIMIT setting will

>And what happens once the file no longer exists on the client?  How long
>before it is expired, and what setting controls this?  I might want to see
>the last version of removed client files to remain, say, for 6 months.  Is
>this possible?

The VERDeleted setting specifies the number of backup versions to keep after
the file is deleted from the client. The RETOnly setting specifies the number
of days to keep the last backup version of a deleted client file. So using
your example, you would set VERDeleted=1 RETOnly=180 (using 6 months = 180
days).

Andy Raibeck
ADSM Level 2 Support