ADSM-L

Re: Backing up AS/400 machines

1997-02-20 01:29:56
Subject: Re: Backing up AS/400 machines
From: "Larimer, Dave" <Dave_Larimer AT KNE DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 1997 23:29:56 -0700
I have just heard from developement that they don't expect the as/400
client to be out much before end of 1st quarter beginning of second
quarter.  The API it is said will take a great deal of programming to
enable it to backup the as/400 and by the time you have written this the
real client code will have come out.  Our as/400's are backed up on site
so that would not help your problem.  You might consider an optical disk
arrangement so that you can back it up but not have to physically be
there except perhaps once in a couple of weeks.  I hope this info helps.
 I am also waiting for the client code for the as/400.  Good luck.