ADSM-L

Re: ADSM Newbie Question about Tapes ...

2015-10-04 18:10:12
Subject: Re: ADSM Newbie Question about Tapes ...
From: INTERNET.OWNERAD at SNADGATE
To: Jerry Lawson at ASUPO
Date: 2/19/97 3:52AM
Now the big question - how did we do it?  The short answer is I can't remember
exactly, but since you tried to do the UPDATE DEVCLASS route, and it didn't
work, then I must have established this when I did the DEFINE for the devclass
when we set up the copypool.  The only other difference would be that my admin
is OS/2, but I don't think this is edited there,  but only IBM knows for
sure......

Try setting up a new DEVCLASS and see if that works.

Jerry Lawson
jlawson AT thehartford DOT com

PS - I think there is one limit - the total length of the prefix, including
the dot, can not be greater than 8 characters.