ADSM-L

nt install problem / divide by zero problems

1997-02-18 19:39:22
Subject: nt install problem / divide by zero problems
From: "Pete Tanenhaus, ADSM Client Development" <pt AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 1997 19:39:22 EST
If it possible that you have have a mounted drive (probably NFS)
which has a reported capacity of zero ?

There is a known bug in the client which occurs when the NT filesystem
reports a drives capacity as zero.

Usually a drives capacity should never be reported to be zero, but
music CD roms and certain network mapped drives apparently are two
cases in which the drive capacity is reported as zero.

Keep in mind that when the client starts it attempts to obtain
statistics for all existing drives available so the problem will
occur regardless of whether or not an attempt is made to backup from
or restore to the drive in question.

Anyway, the temporary work around until the problem is fixed is to
remove the media (if the drive is removable like a cd rom) or unmount
the network mounted drive.

Hope this helps ....

Pete Tanenhaus
ADSM Client Development

--------------------------Original Append-------------------------------
 I down loaded the nt20993 fpt6G and installed it on an nt 4.0 workstati
 I down loaded the nt20993 fpt6G and installed it on an nt 4.0 workstati

 The install went OK but when I tried to bring up the backup client or
 schedule I get a divide by zero error.  the install also stopped chamel
 from working ( looks like some dll conflicts).

 Has anyone else had this problem or an idea to what I could be doing
 wrong.  This is the 1st time that ADSM has been installed on the workst
 and the 1st time I have tried to install adsm on an nt workstation.

 Thank for any help.

tuner of the OMEGA SERVER
LMITC
mail trr AT inel DOT gov