ADSM-L

Re: OS/2 admin to two servers?

1997-02-13 19:34:08
Subject: Re: OS/2 admin to two servers?
From: "Dwight E. Cook" <decook AT AMOCO DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 1997 18:34:08 -0600
Item Subject: OS/2 admin to two servers?
     Would be more than happy to answer this, since you're using OS/2!
     Just create tons of ICONS (as many as you have servers) and I use the
     adsm server name for the icon name.  Edit the settings and where you
     are executing X:\...\adsm\dsmadm or dsmadmc just add:
     -tcpserver=your.adsm.server.addr
     I believe I'm at 9 servers x 2 admintypes(cmdln & GUI), 18.
     BEST part is no matter what platform your server is on, it all looks
     the same back on your pc ;-)  Actually I have a Win95 PC on my desk at
     work, Win95 laptop for the road, and YES... my personal OS/2 at home,
     each one is cluttered with tons of little safes.
     OH, another thing I do just to make sure where I'm at is I leave the
     tcpserveraddress out of the option file, this forces me to have an
     entry (-tcpserver=blah) passed to the dsmadm(c) when it is run... I
     also leave it out of the backup option file also cause I'm always
     doing some sort of testing somewhere and I can control the behavior of
     my pc(s) better than any of the servers true clients. (& it doesn't
     hurt to have my backups all over the place)
     later
          Dwight