ADSM-L

Re: Problems with PTF12

1997-02-13 12:54:05
Subject: Re: Problems with PTF12
From: Sam Sheppard <SHS AT SDDPC.SANNET DOT GOV>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 1997 09:54:05 PST
---------------------------- Top of message ----------------------------
>>--> 02-13-97  09:18  S.SHEPPARD     (SHS)    Re: Problems with PTF12
>>--> 02-13-97  09:18  S.SHEPPARD     (SHS)    Re: Problems with PTF12

Bill:
We installed PTF 12 on our MVS server and have since backed off to level
10.  We were anxious to get it on, having experienced both the admin
scheduler loop and incomplete offsite reclamation problem.  However,
over the weekend when there is a lot happening with reclamation, inven-
tory expiration, etc.  we experienced 3 occurrences of the server just
going into a 'hard' wait in the SVM code with the server having to be
cancelled and restarted.  It has not been determined yet whether this
is an SVM or ADSM problem.  We had also just installed OS/390 release 2
and TCPIP 3.2 the previous week, so our config may be somewhat unique,.
but the PTF10 level is not having the problem.
Sam Sheppard
San Diego Data Processing Corp.
shs AT sddpc.sannet DOT gov
(619)-581-9668