ADSM-L

Tape Utilization and Collocation

2015-10-04 18:10:11
Subject: Tape Utilization and Collocation
From: INTERNET.OWNERAD at SNADGATE
To: Jerry Lawson at ASUPO
Date: 2/13/97 11:04AM
There are several reported problems with ADSM not using an existing tape when
one would think it should.  These are primarily design issues - some ohave to
do with spanned files.  There are fixes out for some of them - Off the top of
my head I can't remember which level they are on, but I am running level 7 of
the MVS Server, and it does NOT have them - We are getting ready to put Level
12 up, and the fixes were included before that level - I think at 10 or 11,
but am not certain.

I think the problem was part of the base server functions, and so would apply
to all platforms, but again I am not certain.

Jerry Lawson
jlawson AT thehartford DOT com