ADSM-L

NT Registry Backup Problem

1997-02-12 20:00:54
Subject: NT Registry Backup Problem
From: "Pete Tanenhaus, ADSM Client Development" <pt AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 1997 20:00:54 EST
<< Is there a requirement on an NT client to be Administrator
<< or have Administrator privs in order to use the backup client?
<< On some of our clients we are getting an error that says something
<< to the effect that the registry cannot be backed up or accessed
<< properly, therefore aborting the backup.

Backing up the registry requires the Backup and Restore Files user
user right, backing up NTFS requires these plus Manage Auditing
and Security Log.

The user account running ADSM doesn't necessarily have to be an
admin/domain admin, it just has to possess (or belong to a group
which posses) the above user rights.

Pete Tanenhaus
ADSM Client Development