ADSM-L

Re: what about the Solaris 2.5.1 client?

1997-02-12 16:31:03
Subject: Re: what about the Solaris 2.5.1 client?
From: Jim Kleberg <Kleberg_James_R/svoa0001 AT SSB DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 1997 16:31:03 -0500
     We are also in the same situation with 8 Sun Ultra2 boxes in
     production already and more to come.

     Jim Kleberg
     State Street Bank
     617-985-8392

Subject: what about the Solaris 2.5.1 client?
Author:  ADSM-L (ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU)
Date:    2/12/97 1:53 PM

On this list, we had a discussion about the non-availability of a client
for Solaris 2.5.1.  We are just installing 11 new Solaris machines for
internet services and I will be getting into hot water if I run them
without backup. The Sun Ultra2 architecture does not run with an older
level of Solaris.

What is the right thing to do? Open a PMR?

I appreciate this mail reflector but would not want to be dependent on it
in this critical issue. Any assistance from IBM?

Best regards,

Helmut Richter

Dr. Helmut Richter                       Leibniz-Rechenzentrum
Tel:   +49-89-289-28785                  Barer Str. 21
Fax:   +49-89-2809460                    D-80333 Muenchen
Email: Helmut.Richter AT lrz-muenchen DOT de    Germany