ADSM-L

ADSM support of SAP on SUN

1997-02-12 11:08:34
Subject: ADSM support of SAP on SUN
From: Russell Brooks <rbrooks AT RICHMOND.INFI DOT NET>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 1997 11:08:34 -0500
I've got a customer that is considering implementing ADSM to backup an Oracle
instance running under SAP.  I'm assuming they will want to look at using
Backint.  They want to use DLT drives, which I believe they have yet to
purchase.  I've recently seen a large number of messages about problems with
Solaris 2.5, and the ADSTAR website lists Solaris 2.3 as the required operating
system.  The IBM SAP Competency Center appears to be holding a meeting in
Florida for the rest of the week, so I can't get any answers from them.
Therefore,
What versions of Solaris are officially supported by ADSM as servers and clients
Assuming a Solaris server, does ADSM officially support DLT tape drives
Are there any known SAP certification conflicts with this environment
I'd appreciate any information that IBM (or anyone else) can provide.