ADSM-L

Re: Problems with ADSM Server PTF 12

2015-10-04 18:10:11
Subject: Re: Problems with ADSM Server PTF 12
From: Sheelagh
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Trevor,

Thanks a lot for posting your warning about 2.1.5.12 and the server
failing due to insufficient memory - it made us double check our small
"test" server and you are perfectly correct, with more than very modest
DB bufferpool and LOG pool sizes the server fails ANR0358E. We had
intended to upgrade our production server tomorrow but we won't now!

[The APAR in question is IC16493, I believe.]

In fact, this makes 2.1.5.12 unusable for sites such as us who cannot
run with the DB and LOG bufferpool sizes set so low - the system
performance is just not acceptable. We run with a DB bufferpool of
32MB and await 2.1.5.13 to have higher values which would enable us
to better utilise available memory on our RS6K.

I am disappointed that this particular type of problem has arisen again
there was a similar (in end result, if not ANR message) at 2.1.5.6
and 2.1.5.7 and 2.1.5.8, all of which were unusable here.

It would be very helpful to know whether this fault will be fixed at
2.1.5.12 or whether we have to now wait for 2.1.5.13 (or later)?

Thanks. Regards, Sheelagh

Sheelagh Treweek                         Email:
Sheelagh Treweek                         Email:
sheelagh.treweek AT oucs.ox.ac DOT uk
Oxford University Computing Services     Tel:   +44 (0)1865 273205
13 Banbury Road, Oxford, OX2 6NN, UK     Fax:   +44 (0)1865 273275