ADSM-L

Re: How can I restore files to another host and different dirrectory

1997-02-06 09:41:37
Subject: Re: How can I restore files to another host and different dirrectory
From: "Boles, Angel V." <bolesav AT WESTINGHOUSE DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 6 Feb 1997 09:41:37 -0500
We have done this many times.  There are two ways to do it.  We prefer
to use the
-nodename=   option that is explained under advanced considerations in
the books.  Here you signon to the machine you want to restore to
the books.  Here you signon to the machine you want to restore to
(nodea).  Issue the dsmc -nodename=nodeb  (where nodeb is the client
whos data you want to restore to nodea).  You are 'faking' out adsm to
thinking it's nodeb, even though you are on nodea.  And you can do
queries, restores, etc for nodeb.  Here you don't have to be concerned
with the SET ACCESS.

The other method is using the -fromnode=  parameter, but access has to
be set up ahead of time.

Angel Boles

Systems Support
Win 272-5944