ADSM-L

Using FX32 on Dec Alpha Client

1997-02-05 10:26:58
Subject: Using FX32 on Dec Alpha Client
From: Mary Vollmer <Mary_Vollmer AT MGIC DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 1997 10:26:58 -0500
Below is the response I received from our NT administrator.  Is there anyone
else out there in our situation who has found a way around this?  TIA

"A while ago it was suggested that we try running ADSM on the Alpha using DEC's
FX32 product.  (FX32 is X86 emulation software).  It looks like a pretty slick
app except that:

 It requires NT 4.0 and we are at 3.51

 It is intended for running End-user apps like Word or Excel and will not
work with system applications such as services (ADSM uses a service)

Hopefully IBM will make a Win NT Alpha version soon."