ADSM-L

shutting down scheduler on Win95

1997-02-05 00:31:47
Subject: shutting down scheduler on Win95
From: Ross Dolson <Ross.Dolson AT THEMUTUALGROUP DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 1997 00:31:47 -0500
I have about 350 (soon to be 1500) Windows 95 machines running the 2.1.5
client. I invoke the scheduler with a DSMC SCHEDULE command run in the startup
group. This works great and all of the machines are being backed up properly.
The problem comes in at
shutdown time.... Windows is unable to shut down the scheduler and the user
must kill it with a ctrl-c or ctrl-break. Not a big deal but I am starting to
get complaints... I have tried setting up a PIF that does not warn the user
that the application is
still active when it is shut down but this hasn't been behaving for me either.
With no sign of a GUI scheduler on the horizon (correct me if I am wrong on
that point!), what have other people done in this situation?

Ross

ross.dolson AT themutualgroup DOT com
The Mutual Group
Waterloo, Ontario