ADSM-L

Comments on upgrade to 2.1 for OS/2

1997-02-04 22:33:49
Subject: Comments on upgrade to 2.1 for OS/2
From: Francisco Reyes <reyes01 AT IBM DOT NET>
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 1997 23:33:49 -0400
I had hoped that since this was my second time installing the ADSM
server it would be easier.

The upgrade of the V1 server failed and I had to do what the
quickstart guide described as a way to do a "First install" and then
upgrade the V2 data. After doing this mostly manual procedure (why
coulnd't they do a command file for deleting those un-needed files?)
I got all kind of warnings about failure to comply with the
licensing. After reading the quick start guide and not finding
anything I tried the online help. I registered the licenses (silly
procedure, very silly) and it was up.

I can't acces my tape drives now either.

I find the Quickstart guide very lacking (ie no info on registering
the licenses except for a minimal note on the desktop license).

Ordering this version was also an absolute nightmare the people at
IBM direct didn't know what parts I needed so I had to read the
announcement to get part numbers.

Where is the documentation anyway? On the CDrom?