ADSM-L

Re: Netware Bindery question

1997-02-03 10:42:37
Subject: Re: Netware Bindery question
From: "Dwight E. Cook" <decook AT AMOCO DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 3 Feb 1997 09:42:37 -0600
     Side note: In doing full restores on netware machines I've seen tape
     swaps like never before.  This was back a few releases from the
     current so I can't say it is still true BUT it went something like
     this:  mount tape for bindary info for a directory/tree path, dismount
     tape, mount tape for restore of data in that directory/tree path,
     dismount tape, mount tape for bindary info for another directory/tree
     path, dismount tape, mount tape for restore of data, dismount tape,
     mount tape for bindary, dismount tape, mount tape for data, dismount
     tape, mount tape for bindary, ...
     Many things contributed to this such as a lack of tape drives
     (corrected now), small retention time on mounts (ie 0), lack of
     collocation (corrected now), and on...  I've attempted to isolate the
     bindary & directory info as much as possible pointing it to its own
     diskpool, not migrating it to tape daily (only when pool it fulllllll)
     it has improved things.
     later
          Dwight