ADSM-L

Backup strategy

1997-01-31 14:40:17
Subject: Backup strategy
From: Tony Arsneault <arsneaut AT OAKWOOD DOT ORG>
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 1997 14:40:17 EST
     We would like our backup strategy to be as follows:

     1. A full backup of all clients on day one. (backed up to disk) and
        also a copy of this data to tape for offsite.
     2. Incremental backups of all clients on days 2-14(also backed up to
        same disk) and a copy to tape to go offsite.
     3. Then on the 15th day we would like to backup the entire disk
        (comprised of data from previous steps #1 and #2) to tape to be
        sent offsite for 6 months. When we have that 2 week chunk on tape,
        we no longer want it to be on the disk.
     4. Then we want to begin with a full backup of all servers again as in
        step 1 and continue as in step 2. and so on.

     How do we accomplish this. Please send any suggestions, as we are
     brand new users.

     Thanks
     Tony A

     ARSNEAUT AT OAKWOOD DOT ORG