ADSM-L

Solaris 2.5

1997-01-30 12:05:19
Subject: Solaris 2.5
From: Matthias Morche <morche AT CSD DOT DE>
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 1997 18:05:19 +0100
When installing a new machine, I've got the following error messages:
"uname -a" gives "SunOS fesix 5.5.1 Generic sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-1"
So I decided this is Solaris 2.5...
"/usr/sbin/pkgadd -d /mnt/sol25.v2r1m6.IP20999.pkg"

The following packages are available:
  1  IBMDSMap5     ADSTAR Distributed Storage Manager Solaris 2.5 API
                   (sparc) Version 2 Release 1 Level 0.6
  2  IBMDSMba5     ADSTAR Distributed Storage Manager Solaris 2.5 Client
                   (sparc) Version 2 Release 1 Level 0.6
  3  IBMDSMsa5     ADSTAR Distributed Storage Manager Solaris Storage
Administrator GUI
                   (sparc) Version 2 Release 1 Level 0.6
  4  IBMDSMsm5     ADSTAR Distributed Storage Manager Solaris HSM Client
                   (sparc) Version 2 Release 1 Level 0.6

Select package(s) you wish to process (or 'all' to process
all packages). (default: all) [?,??,q]: 2
Please use the ADSM Solaris 2.3 backup client for Solaris 2.3/2.4.
This PTF is for Solaris 2.5 with Solaris 2.5 UFS ACL support.
This PTF does not support on Solaris 2.5.1.

ADSM SunOS Backup Client installation failed.

pkgadd: ERROR: preinstall script did not complete successfully

Installation of <IBMDSMba5> failed.

Then I tried the 2.4 client...
"/usr/sbin/pkgadd -d /mnt/solaris.v2r1m6.IP20979.pkg"

The following packages are available:
  1  IBMDSMadm     ADSTAR Distributed Storage Manager SunOS Storage
Administrator GUI
                   (sparc) Version 2 Release 1 Level 0.6
  2  IBMDSMapi     ADSTAR Distributed Storage Manager SunOS API
                   (sparc) Version 2 Release 1 Level 0.6
  3  IBMDSMbas     ADSTAR Distributed Storage Manager SunOS Client
                   (sparc) Version 2 Release 1 Level 0.6
Please use the new ADSM Solaris 2.5 backup client for Solaris 2.5
or above UFS ACL support starting with ADSM 2.1.0 level 5.
This PTF is for Solaris 2.3 & 2.4 only without the ACL support.

ADSM SunOS Backup Client installation failed.

pkgadd: ERROR: preinstall script did not complete successfully

Installation of <IBMDSMbas> failed.

What is wrong?

Hold on, I've got it. When I patch the preinstall script during the
installation it runs fine... but I think, that is not exactly a clean
installation...

--
        Matthias Morche (mailto:morche AT csd DOT de)
        Matthias Morche (mailto:morche AT csd DOT de)

        D-64273 Darmstadt, Germany (http://stadt.darmstadt.gmd.de)