ADSM-L

Re: Monthly/Daily Schedule Problem

1997-01-30 10:58:27
Subject: Re: Monthly/Daily Schedule Problem
From: Mary Vollmer <Mary_Vollmer AT MGIC DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 1997 10:58:27 -0500
I don't think you can use backup for both needs.  The way I understand it,, the
backup management class assigned to the daily backup copies will all be
reassigned to the monthly class when the monthly backup of the same files run.
I have some data with similar requirements.  I set up a management class with a
backup copy group that satisfies, in my case, the weekly backup retention
requirements and an archive copy group that satifies the quarterly backup
retention requirements.  I assigned these files to this management class in the
include/exclude list.  In the backup copy group I set the frequency to 9999 so
the file would not be backed up incrementally.  Since selective backup ignores
the frequency, I use selective backup for the weekly backup and for the
quarterly backup I schedule an archive.

In the previous Memo, dated, 01-30-97 08:24:44 AM, Elizabeth.Moir @