ADSM-L

Restore failing

1997-01-30 04:41:22
Subject: Restore failing
From: Laurie DEMAMIEL <Laurie.L.R.DeMamiel AT WOODSIDE.COM DOT AU>
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 1997 17:41:22 +0800
I have tried to restore some files from our MVS ADSM server to NT
clients and to a  OS2 client. In both environments I am only attempting
to restore files belonging to that client. In both cases the restore
stops, a query of sessions on the server will show idle wait status,
sometimes up to 10 minutes before I cancel the session. On the OS2
client I have tried the restore from both the GUI and the command line
interface. The command line interface will fail after restoring only 1
696 kb with a ANS4017E  Session rejected message rejected TCP/IP
connection failure. It has failed twice at this stage and once after 3 593 kb.
Because it is happening to both types of clients I can't help think
that it is a parameter that is common to both and that I have left as a
default value. Backups are working fine for both environments and there
has been no TCP/IP connection failures.  I am running the MVS V2R1
server software and the latest client code for NT ie 2.1.0.6 and
2.1.0.3 for OS2.
Any help on how to do a restore would be appreciated.