ADSM-L

ADSM w/ DOS client on SOLIMAR print server

1997-01-28 13:02:35
Subject: ADSM w/ DOS client on SOLIMAR print server
From: Diane Ashby <Diane.Ashby AT TORO DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 1997 12:02:35 -0600
I installed ADSM client 2.1.0.5 on our Solimar print server which
I now know uses PIPER/IP; after install I entered dsmcibm and
received the dsmc> prompt, but incr only produced ANS4017E,
TCP/IP connection failure.

I can ping both to the server, AIX 4.1.4 using ADSM 2.1.0.10,
and from the server back.  I know it's using my dsm.opt file
because I had a syntax error in it that it flagged and I corrected.
I'm referencing commmethod TCP/IP, our dot IP server address
and a port of 1500, the same as on our other clients (not DOS).

I'm thinking this little chart in the "Installing the Clients" is giving
me bad news, the one that says use TCP/IP 2.0 or 2.1 for DOS
or use FTP Software PC/TCP 3.0 for DOS.  Are these like
brand names or something that Piper/IP is not, and does
anyone on this list back up their Solimar print server with ADSM;
if so, how?
--Diane
diane.ashby AT toro DOT com
diane.ashby AT toro DOT com