ADSM-L

Re: Informix on raw devices

1997-01-27 16:35:38
Subject: Re: Informix on raw devices
From: David Ong <david AT BABYONG.NSC DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 1997 13:35:38 -0800
The original posting on this subject was regarding Informix with SAP. In
this particular case, one needs to wait for SAP to certify and ship
Informix 7.21 along with whatever releases of SAP there is. According to
our SAP guys, that is still not available. Does anybody out there have an
update on this?

At 02:47 PM 1/27/97 EST, you wrote:
>Sorry for my delayed response, but yes, online backups to the x/open
>api are now available with Informix 7.21 and the ADSM AIX, Solaris, and
>HP clients.  Details on how to implement this support are in the latest
>redbook, Using ADSM to Back Up Databases, SG24-4335-02....make sure you
>get the -02 version!  thanks, Cyndie Behrens (IBM San Jose)

Have a nice day or whatever's left of it.

David Ong
National Semiconductor Corp.