ADSM-L

defining manual tape to adsm

1997-01-27 14:35:39
Subject: defining manual tape to adsm
From: Susan McClure <smcclure AT IS.RICE DOT EDU>
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 1997 13:35:39 -0600
I know I have done this before for our DLT's but I can't seem to find
the magic scenario
for defining some 3490E drives.
I am ultimately trying to do a "backup db" to tape.  We use our DLT's
for backup, archive
and space migration.  Thought I would use our 3490E's for the DB
backup.

Questions:
1)  For database dumps, do you have to have a storage pool defined with
a devclass,
or just volumes labelled and defined on the backup db command??

2)  I am having trouble defining the 3490 device for ADSM use.  It was
already defined
to AIX, so I changed it from available to 'defined' in AIX.  Then
trying to define under
"ADSM devices"  but it fails with a message -
   saying   0514-051  Device to be configured does not match the
physical
                                    device at the specified connection
location

the device is at  00 05 01 3,0  and is /dev/rmt2 to aix, and I assume
it would become
 /dev/mt2 to ADSM (we already have a mt0, and mt1 for the DLT drives)
Any ideas on what I am doing wrong ???
Thanks,