ADSM-L

Re: Question about Windows95 client

1997-01-24 15:26:07
Subject: Re: Question about Windows95 client
From: "Klein, Robert" <kleinr AT EXCHANGE.NIH DOT GOV>
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 1997 15:26:07 -0500
[Klein, Robert]  How exactly did you try to set dsm_config.  If you set it
in a DOS window, close the window, and then try to start up dsmc, the
environmental variable will no longer be set.  You must either set it in
your autoexec.bat file or start dsmc in the same dos box as you set
dsm_config in.  The problem is not with the adsm client, but with a
"feature" of windows95.

Anyone know how to do this with DSMADMC?

I've tried -servername, -optfile, setting DSM_CONFIG and DSM_DIR, and I
can't get DSMADMC to point to anything other than dsm.opt in the local
dir (I'm running the Win32 client).

Simon Foster
System Services
Distributed Systems
Technical Operations
Level A/3
National Westminster Bank PLC
Goodmans Fields
74 Alie Street
London     E1 8HL
Phone: (+44/0) 171 480 2168      <ITS: 73-2168>       <Mobile: (+44/0)
802 187593>
Fax: (+44/0) 171 480 2848      <ITS: 73-2848>
GOAP: Y001SF3
Internet: simon.foster AT natwestuk.co DOT uk