ADSM-L

ADSM Win32 2.1.0.6 refresh

1997-01-24 13:13:58
Subject: ADSM Win32 2.1.0.6 refresh
From: Mike Dile <mikedile AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 1997 13:13:58 -0500
Classification:
Prologue: Mike Dile
IBM Storage Systems Division
ADSM Client Development
Phone: (408)256-3637
Internal: mikedile@ibmusm51
Internet: mikedile AT us.ibm DOT com
Epilogue:

Roberto et. al,

We've found the source of the problem several of you have reported where
installing the 2.1.0.6 level Win32 client over an existing 2.1.0.5 client
does not replace dsm.exe (the backup/archive client GUI) and dsmadm.exe
(the administrative client GUI).

Also a *performace* problem has been reported with the API client when
using compression.  We have a solution to this problem in hand.

Consequently we will be refreshing the Win32 client on index.storsys.ibm.com
soon (hopefully later today).  We will post a message to the list
when the refreshed level is available.

There are no changes to the level numbers.  This is still level 2.1.0.6.
There are no changes to the backup archive client or
adminstrative client executables.  The API client files are changed. You
will be able to identify this new level by the updates to api.txt
read1st.txt and readmec.hlp which contain the words
"Version 2 Release 1, Level 6G" in the beginning text of the files.

For those who receive their updates via physical media, this latest
level is what will be placed on that media when it is shipped.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you.  Thank you for
patience and assistance in detecting these defects.

Regards,

Mike Dile
ADSM Client Development