ADSM-L

Re: Informix on Raw Devices

1997-01-24 02:08:56
Subject: Re: Informix on Raw Devices
From: "W. Curtis Preston" <curtis AT PSA.PENCOM DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 1997 02:08:56 -0500
At 10:22 PM 1/23/97 -0800, you wrote:
>Russ,
>We also use Informix with SAP and are waiting anxiously for Datatools or
>Informix/SAP to provide an online backup capability via the api to ADSM.

Just for the record, Informix does have this capability.  Informix has
ONBAR, which works with several commercial backup utilities (I counted 10
last time I checked).
The onus is on ADSM to port to Informix's API, not the other way around.

Informix has done their part, so does anybody know when ADSM will do their
part?  The API has been available for development for well over a year.
    | _ \/ __/|  \     W. Curtis Preston, On-site at Hughes Aircraft, L.A.
    |  _/\__ \| \ \    curtis AT pencom DOT com
    |_|  /___/|_|__\   310 364 8113            No pager at this time :)
    Pencom Systems Administration
        "I can see clearly now, my disk is gone....
                        There are no more inodes in my way..."
        "It's gonna be a bright, bright, bright restoring day..."