ADSM-L

Re: ADSTAR Problems

1997-01-22 09:29:44
Subject: Re: ADSTAR Problems
From: Giovanni NAPOLI <gianni.napoli AT JRC DOT IT>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 1997 15:29:44 +0100

Mon, 20 Jan 1997 Barry Fruchtman wrote:

> Giovanni,
> Use the NEXT=stgpool parameter on the DEFINE or UPDATE STGPOOL
> commands and you'll get the spillover, where stgpool is the
> storage pool name associated with the second library.

Sorry if I avail of this occasion ....
Maybe that my problem exposition was not clear ...
But I have checked the sintax of DEFINE STGPOOL command for sequential
access storage pools and I have not found the description for
the NEXT parameter.
However you can specify a value for the NEXTSTGPOOL parameter
(expample NEXTSTGPOOL=second) in the definition of the first
stgpool, which means a data migration starts from the first storage pool
to the second storage pool when the occupancy of first storage pool is
more than HIGHMIG value and the migration continue until the percentage
of the first storage pool occupancy is LOWMIG value.
With the configuration above-mentioned ADSTAR cannot put,
automatically, the data into the second storage pool when the first is
full, but simply moves some data from the first storage pool to the
second and it continues (with other new backups) to put data into the
first.
If it is possible, from a client, I wish to backup data into the ADSTAR
storage pools and when one of them is full ADSTAR automatically uses
another one without data migration. How can I do that ???

Thanks a lot for your attention