ADSM-L

Re: Failed backup did not report error.

1997-01-20 16:08:20
Subject: Re: Failed backup did not report error.
From: Francisco Reyes <reyes01 AT IBM DOT NET>
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 1997 17:08:20 -0400
On Mon, 20 Jan 97 14:40:36 EST, Leonard Boyle wrote:

>>I have a netware client (V2 R1 L5) which could not backup 2 files
>>last night. The Backup/Archive Events list did not report the
>>problem.
>
>I think that this is working as designed. But there has been a request
>for a new design, which I believe that IBM has accepted.
>
>The client will report a backup as failed, if it can not backup a domain
>but not if one or more files fail.

That is odd. I have another computer in which every night two files
are not backed up. Every night the backup reports failure. I even
tried to have the two files in the exclude section and ADSM still
tried to read them (or maybe check their attribute?) and it failed
the backup even though everything else was ok.