ADSM-L

Re: Personally Safe n Sound

1997-01-20 11:05:09
Subject: Re: Personally Safe n Sound
From: Dwight Cook <decook AT AMOCO DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 1997 10:05:09 -0600
     I've noticed that some of the old client code has problems with query
     commands to list backups and archives... also that the pick option
     sometimes leaves out files and also that the GUI suffers the same
     problem.  BUT I've also noticed that if you go ahead and request a
     restore/retrieve you do get the file (if it was "backed up/archived")
     so if you are saying you can't get it back based on not finding it in
     a pick list just try a "restore blah -latest" and see what you get...
     So far ADSM has not lost a single file I've needed!  Except when
     someone put off calling in for help for about 30+ days and settings
     had flushed the file backups...
     later
         Dwight