ADSM-L

[no subject]

1997-01-16 18:26:28
From: Cyndie Behrens <cbehrens AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 1997 18:26:28 EST
>I am also intreresting the subject. we have oracle databases on both
>RS6000/AIX 4.1 and Win NT.  I would appreciate feedback on it also.
>Julie Xu

For Oracle on AIX, EBU with the ADSM agent is a viable alternative, for
full, tablespace, and redo log backups.  For Oracle on NT, you can use
either the alter tablespace commands with ADSM directly (full and tablespace
online backups), or DataTools SQL-BackTrack.

The updated SG24-4335-02 "Using ADSM to Back Up Databases"  redbook
will be orderable next week.  This books describes all of the ADSM
alternatives for each database.  Be sure to get the -02 version!!

The updates include:
o  Using Oracle's Enterprise Backup Utility (EBU) with ADSM's
   Oracle Backup Agent
o  Informix OnBar implementation with ADSM
o  SQL-BackTrack V2 for Oracle, including incremental backups
o  SAP R/3 BACKINT V2 support with Oracle
o  Miscellaneous updates including:
   -  Breaking an AIX mirror as a technique for online backups
   -  ADSM Client HSM for database log files
   -  Updated adsmpipe description, including online backups with
      Oracle's alter tablespace command
   -  Updated database matrices, including platforms supported for
      each alternative listed in the matrix
   -  Detailed list of ADSM API library names and defaults for
      each ADSM client platform

Feedback always appreciated,
Cyndie Behrens
IBM San Jose