ADSM-L

Re: ADSM Client for LINUX

1997-01-16 13:15:02
Subject: Re: ADSM Client for LINUX
From: Sean D Curran <scurran AT EPSILON DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 1997 13:15:02 -0500

> Hello,
>   Is anyone running an ADSM client for LINUX?  If so, where did you get it?
> Thanks,
> Jim

We have the SCO client 2.1.5 working on RedHat 1.2.13 Linux ... except for
the GUI. The 2.1.6 client did not work and neither works fully on Slackware
Linux
for some reason ... so far. I don't use the GUI so it's no big deal.

The dsmc command line works (2.1.5) on Slackware but putting it in adsm
schedule ... it keeps getting missed. That might be a tuning issue or
the fact that we grabbed the iBCS module from RedHat and used insmod
to load it on the Slackware Linux box. Thus, we put it in a cronjob
to run insteadof relying on the MVS adsm server to contact it.

Sean

--

             Lottery: A tax on people who are bad at math.