ADSM-L

Re: include/exclude problem

1997-01-15 20:57:24
Subject: Re: include/exclude problem
From: Dianne Sharp <DSHARP AT CLEAR.CO DOT NZ>
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 1997 14:57:24 +1300
If you make changes to the dsm.opt file, you need to reload the dsmc
nlm.

I had a situation with a Novell server where I wanted files in a certain
directory to be backed up regardless of whether they had changed or not.
 I couldn't exclude them from the incremental backup without excluding
them from selective backups as well.
The way I got around this was to add an include statement to determine
the Management Class.  I had to set up the Backup Copy Group for that
Management Class with a mode of Absolute instead of Modified.  That way
the incremental backup backed them up even if they were not changed.

I realise this is not the same scenario as yours, but if you could just
run one backup to meet both needs, this might help.

Dianne Sharp
Operations Analyst
ISS CUSTOMER SUPPORT
Ext 4208