ADSM-L

netware and auditors

1997-01-15 13:37:17
Subject: netware and auditors
From: Jerry Lawson <jlawson AT ITTHARTFORD DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 1997 13:37:17 -0500
Date:     January 15, 1997            Time:    12:11
From:    Jerry Lawson
    ITT Hartford Insurance Group
    (860) 547-2960    jlawson AT itthartford DOT com
The internal Auditors have been looking at our ADSM backups of NetWare
The internal Auditors have been looking at our ADSM backups of NetWare
servers.  They are questioning the Supervisor level id that we have set up for
ADSM to low the bindery backup.  They seem to understand why we need it, but
are concerned about it not having an expiration on the password.  We could of
course change if they want us to, but we are also looking at other options
first.  One of course is to limit when the user id could be used, but another
suggestion that was made was to limit where the id can be used.  I am not fami
liar with this.  Has anyone set up a NetWare userid that can only be used at a
specific location?  If you are doing this for ADSM, I would assume it is from
the system itself - how is that indicated?

TIA
Jerry Lawson