ADSM-L

Re: Multiple sessions using the API

1997-01-14 13:14:52
Subject: Re: Multiple sessions using the API
From: David Ong <david AT BABYONG.NSC DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 1997 10:14:52 -0800
Chris,
I am sure you can do that. We use SQL-BACKTRACK from Datatools which is an
API interface to adsm to backup sybase databases. This product kicks off
multiple sessions for multiple db backups. In fact, one can also start up
multiple line command and/or gui sessions on the same node.

At 09:57 AM 1/14/97 -0500, you wrote:
>I am using version 2.1 on AIX 4.1 and need to know if it is possible to have
>more than one session to the ADSM server?  (I am using the API)  What I want
>to do is to have multiple threads, each one with a session to ADSM.  The
>purpose for doing this is so that a parent thread can use more than one
>session to do parallel retrieves as we have many tape drives.  Without this,
>the retrieves are serially performed and the multiple drives are of little
>benefit.
>
>Any info would be greatly appreciated
>
>Regards, Chris
>Chris Hopkins                          cjhopkin AT on.bell DOT ca
>Sr. System Designer
>Highway 407 Electronic Toll Collection System
>Bell Sygma Telecom Solutions
>Toronto: (416) 215-2910
>Ottawa:  (613) 781-4544

Have a nice day or whatever's left of it.

David Ong
National Semiconductor Corp.