ADSM-L

ADSM Restore

1997-01-13 10:18:06
Subject: ADSM Restore
From: Gavin Ring/AALC/AlcatelAustralia <gavin.ring AT ALCATEL.COM DOT AU>
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 1997 15:18:06 +0000
We are currently trialling ADSM and came across the following scenario

1. A users home directory was accidently deleted.
2. An ADSM incremental was run that night changing all the files to "inactive".

How can I restore this users home directory to the state it was in before it
was deleted.

From my understanding if I recover the home directory I will also recover files
that
were "deleted" long before the users home directory was blown away.

If this is true there is also the possibility that you will not have enough
disk space to complete
the restore.

Any suggestions on how to resolve this will be appreciated.

Regards

Gavin Ring