ADSM-L

PTF 6 Win95 client scheduler?

1997-01-10 17:28:13
Subject: PTF 6 Win95 client scheduler?
From: Judy Warren <jsw AT TC.CORNELL DOT EDU>
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 1997 17:28:13 -0500
Folks,

I've installed the PTF 6 release of the ADSM client for 32-bit windows
systems on some of our Windows 95 machines.  Both the gui and the command
line interfaces are working great for backups/restores.  But I can't find
an appropriate icon to use to start the client scheduler.

The information in the "Using the Microsoft Windows Backup-Archive Clients"
manual says to double-click on the ADSM scheduler icon called "dsms.exe",
but I haven't been able to find any such beast.  The README that came with
PTF 6 talks about the Scheduler Service client for NT, but also clearly
documents that this service does not run under Windows 95.

What's the recommended method of running scheduled backups using PTF 6
under Windows 95?  The manual does talk about using a "dsmc schedule"
session under Windows NT and using the AT command to start the client
scheduler at a preset time.  It this the way I should be starting the
scheduler under Windows 95?  Or have I missed something obvious?

                        Thanks,
                                Judy
--
Judy Warren                             jsw AT tc.cornell DOT edu
Judy Warren                             jsw AT tc.cornell DOT edu