ADSM-L

Re: Backup of NT-Registry

1997-01-09 08:52:25
Subject: Re: Backup of NT-Registry
From: Uwe Fischer <uwe.fischer AT RUS.UNI-STUTTGART DOT DE>
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 1997 13:52:25 +0000
Hi,

> does somebody know a dsm.opt option or any other way to prevent the
> NT-client to backup the registry? I can't find anything in the help-file
> and the sample option files.

It 's documented in the OPTIONS.WRI file.

*  Use the BACKUPREG option to specify whether ADSM should back up
*  the NT registry during incremental backups.
*
*  Supported Clients
*
*  Clients that can use this option: Windows NT.
*
*  Syntax
*
* +--------------------------------------------------------+
*  |
*  | >>--BACKUPReg-.- Yes-.------------------>< |
*  |                                  '- No--'
*  |
* +--------------------------------------------------------+
*
*  Parameters
*
*  YES
*  ADSM backs up the registry during incremental backups.
*
*  This is the default if you do not use this option.
*
*  NO
*  ADSM does not back up the registry.
*
 Uwe Fischer          uwe.fischer AT rus.uni-stuttgart DOT de

  RRR   U  U   SSS     Workstation Betreuung
  R  R  U  U  S        Regionales Rechenzentrum      Regional Computer Center
  RRR   U  U   SS      der Universitaet Stuttgart    University of Stuttgart
  R R   U  U     S     Allmandring 30       D-70550 Stuttgart        Germany
  R  R   UU   SSS      Fax: +49-711-682357           Tel: +49-711-6855800