ADSM-L

Re: Need help with FILESPACE

1997-01-09 06:27:25
Subject: Re: Need help with FILESPACE
From: Reinhard Mersch <mersch AT UNI-MUENSTER DOT DE>
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 1997 12:27:25 +0100
Helmut Richter asked:

> We have reproducibly the following situation:
>
> 1. A user issues the command
>      dsmc archive -subdir=yes "/a/b/c/*"
>    and gets the response that a number of files have been
>    successfully archived.
>
> 2. Immediately afterwards, the same user on the same machine issues
>    the command
>      dsmc query archive -subdir=yes "/a/b/c/*"
>    and gets the response that no files were found.

I do not know, whether it helps you, but ...

You probably know, that you can make the filespace name explicit by using
braces? (--> dsmc query archive -subdir=yes "{/a/b}/c/*")

Anyway, it is still hard to explain to users having no notion of filespaces.

Regards,

Reinhard Mersch                     Westfaelische Wilhelms-Universitaet
Universitaetsrechenzentrum, Einsteinstrasse 60, 48149 Muenster, Germany
E-Mail: mersch AT uni-muenster DOT de                   Phone: +49(251)83-2488