ADSM-L

Offsite Volume data reclaimation

1997-01-08 11:59:56
Subject: Offsite Volume data reclaimation
From: Dave Cannon <dcannon AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 1997 08:59:56 PST
Jerry,

This sounds like APAR PN85243.  The fix for the V2 MVS and AIX servers
is in PTF 12.  In the interim, if you want to empty these volumes without
bringing them onsite, you could use Move Data (but may need to repeat the
command before all the files are moved).

Dave Cannon
ADSM Development
------------------------------- Referenced Note ---------------------------
Dave -
Dave -

You caught me :-) - the response was poorly worded.   What I meant was the
number of files didn't seem to add up.  The 4 tapes that I found in the
unavailable state each had only 1 file on them (nothing spanned either - all
were relatively small - less than 50K.  At one point I had 10 tapes, each with
less than 1% utilization recieving the ANR1163 Message - even allowing for one
span per file, that still doesn't add up.

Jerry Lawson
jlawson AT itthartford DOT com