ADSM-L

File Spaces larger than 2 GB

1997-01-07 14:54:04
Subject: File Spaces larger than 2 GB
From: Dean Roy <dean AT ALPHA.UWINDSOR DOT CA>
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 1997 14:54:04 EST
I see that the new clients include support for info on file systems larger that
2 GB. This appears to only have been implemented on certain platforms however.

        It seems that this support was not added to the SunOS client. Is this
correct?
If it is it represents a problem for us as we have a SunOS machine (Auspex)
which allows file systems larger than 2 GB.

        Am I doing something wrong or was this support not added to the Sun
client? I
have installed the new software and backed up several large file systems but
the numbers still appear wrong!  Help....

  Dean Roy                           Email: DEAN AT UWINDSOR DOT CA
  Systems Programmer                 Voice: (519)253-4232 Ext 2763
  University of Windsor              Fax  : (519)973-7083