ADSM-L

Re: Move Filespace from one Node to Another

1997-01-07 16:06:00
Subject: Re: Move Filespace from one Node to Another
From: Bill Colwell <bcolwell AT CCLINK.DRAPER DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 1997 16:06:00 -0500
You're right, it would be a lot easier if the rename filespace command were
enhanced, but it can still be done with the commands as they are.

Assume nodes A & B, and you want to move filespace F1 from A to B

1. rename node b b_temp
2. rename node a b
3. export node b filespace=f1 filedata=all devt=3490 ser=123456   (wait for
   the export to complete)
4. rename node b a
5. rename node b_temp b
6. import node b replacedefs=no devt=3490 ser=123456

I may have left some parameters out so check the doc.  This is a lot more
work; the enhancement would be nice!

Bill Colwell
The Charles Stark Draper Laboratory
Cambridge Ma.